Correct Answer : Option (A) - Andy Jassy
Jeff Bezos, who established Amazon exactly 27 years ago on July 5, 1994, has stepped down as CEO, and Andy Jassy, a longtime AWS executive, has taken over as the company’s new CEO. Jassy is currently identified as President and CEO of Amazon.com, as well as a member of the Board of Directors, on the Amazon investor relations website.
* Bezos said in May that Jassy would take over as CEO of the e-commerce behemoth on 5th July.
* AWS is thought to account for around half of the company’s revenue.
* In the March quarter of this year, AWS, Amazon’s cloud division, posted a $54 billion annualised run rate, up 32% year over year.
* Bezos is also the owner of the Washington Post and the founder of the aerospace business Blue Origin, which is working to reduce the cost and increase the safety of spaceflight. He has founded two charitable organisations.
* On July 20, Bezos and his brother will ride to the edge of space aboard Blue Origin’s New Shepard tourism rocket.
* Bezos, who grew an online bookshop into a $1.7 trillion corporate company that reaches into space.
About Andy Jassy : From its founding, Jassy developed and directed Amazon Web Services (AWS), serving as its CEO from April 2016 until July 2021.
Jassy joined Amazon in 1997 and held several leadership positions across the company before developing AWS, including both business-to-business and business-to-consumer.