Correct Answer : Option (A) - New Delhi
New Delhi hosted ITU’s Regional Standardization Forum where Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for communications delivered a speech at the opening ceremony of the International Telecommunication Union’s Regional Standardization Forum for Asia and Oceania.
According to Devusinh Chauhan, the nation’s telecommunications network is the second largest in the world and offers the best prices.
Highlights of the Regional Standardization Forum:
* According to RSF, the market-friendly policies of the Union Government were responsible for the nation’s telecommunications network growth.
* Chauhan emphasised that the three pillars of Ease of Doing Business, Ease of Living, and Aatmanirbhar Bharat constitute the foundation of India’s telecommunications policy, which was developed under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s direction.
* The Minister claimed that the industry’s vote of confidence in the government’s initiatives was reflected in the outcome of the 5G spectrum auction.
* In order to solve the digital divide, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has established a clear roadmap.
* The country’s six lakh villages will all receive optical fibres as well as 4G mobile coverage as part of this project.
Telecommunications growth across India:
* Over 1 lakh 750 000 villages already have access to optical fibre, and approximately 5 lakh 60 000 villages have 4G mobile capabilities.
* By 2025, all 600,000 villages will have access to mobile and optical fibre connectivity, according to a multibillion-dollar comprehensive plan.
* A panel discussion will be held with the goal of elucidating the policy and regulatory perspectives of the Asia and Oceania Region under a number of sub-themes.
About the ITU’s Regional Standardization Forum:
* Encourage a positive dialogue about ideas
* Discuss the role of ITU standards and standardisation issues in various technology industries.
* Utilize Technology to Promote Financial & Digital Inclusion in Emerging Markets
* to advance the digital health and data value chain.
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU) :
* ITU was established on May 17, 1865, and it is a specialised agency of the UN.
* It is in charge of everything involving information and communication technologies. The “International Telegraph Union” was its original name.
* It was given its present name in 1934. The oldest UN agency is this one.
* The organisation seeks to assist in tying up international radio and telegraphic networks. Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland.
Over 900 business, international, and regional organisations, as well as academic institutions, are among its 193 member nations.Source : PIB