Correct Answer : Option (C) - 8 IITs
President Murmu on Monday(19th Sep 2022) approved the appointment of Directors for 8 IITs including Palakkad, Tirupati, Dharwad, Bhilai, Gandhinagar, Bhubaneswar, Goa and Jammu.
* Professor A Seshadri Sekhar who has been currently engaged with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras has been appointed as the director of IIT Palakkad while Professor KN Satyanarayana from IIT Madras has been appointed at IIT Tirupati.
* The IIT (BHU) professor Rajiv Prakash has now been appointed as the director at IIT Bhillai and Professor Rajat Moona has been appointed at IIT Gandhinagar.
* Other appointments included Professor Pasumarthy Seshu (IIT Goa), Professor Venkappayya R Desai (IIT Dharwad), Professor Shreepad Karmalkar (IIT Bhubaneswar), Professor Manoj Singh Gaur (IIT Jammu)
* Earlier on Monday, Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan released the Strategic Plan 2021-27 of IIT Madras.
* The plan proposed an ambitious growth phase for the Institute and dedicated Mphasis Centre for Quantum Sciences & Kotak-IIT (M) Save Energy Mission.
* He also launched the ‘Kotak IITM Save Energy’ Mission, being set up with CSR funding support from Kotak to help MSMEs reduce energy consumption and felicitated the Mphasis team for supporting the growth of the Centre for Quantum Information, Communication and Computing (CQuICC).
* He also awarded the diploma certificates to select students of the BSc program in Data Science.
The Minister also inaugurated the indigenous GDI engine developed by IIT Madras and supported by TVS Motor Company and a low-cost vegetable cart incubated at IIT (M). Director, IIT Madras, Prof. V Kamakoti, Prof. Mahesh Panchagnula, Prof. A Ramesh, Prof. Abhijit Deshpande and students of IIT Madras attended the event..Source : The Print