Correct Answer : Option (D) - Tokyo
India and Japan 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue : The second India-Japan 2+2 Foreign and Defence Ministerial Meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan on September 8, 2022, and was attended by the Indian Minister of Defence, Shri Rajnath Singh, the Indian Minister of External Affairs, Dr. S. Jaishankar, the Japanese Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Mr. HAYASHI Yoshimasa, and the Japanese Minister of Defense, Mr. HAMADA Yasukazu.
India and Japan 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue Important Points :
* The Ministers reaffirmed their commitment to a rules-based international order that respects sovereign and territorial integrity of nations and stressed the need for all nations to seek peaceful resolution of disputes in accordance with international law without resorting to threat or use of force or any attempt to unilaterally change the status quo.
* They acknowledged that global cooperation is needed more than ever to address security challenges that have become more acute.
* The Ministers emphasised their dedication to the achievement of a free and open Indo-Pacific region that is inclusive, resilient, based on the rule of law, and free from coercion.
* The Ministers additionally reaffirmed their ardent support for ASEAN’s centrality and unity as well as their complete support for the
“The “ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific (AOIP)” defends values including the rule of law, inclusivity, freedom, and openness.
India and Japan Dialogue: Open and productive discussion : On regional and international problems of shared interest and concern, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific area and Ukraine, the Ministers had an open and productive discussion. The Ministers strongly reinforced the recent commitments made by their Prime Ministers in their Joint Statement of March 19, 2022 ( “Concerning local and international security issues, the Partnership for a Peaceful, Stable, and Prosperous Post-COVID World (“PfaSP”) was established.
While pledging its determination to consider all necessary options for national defence, including “The Japanese side expressed its resolve to fundamentally strengthen Japan’s defence capabilities within the following five years and secured a significant increase in Japan’s defence budget necessary to accomplish it. The Indian side voiced its support for efforts to improve security and defence cooperation while acknowledging Japan’s resolve to strengthen its defence capabilities.
Self-Defense Forces of Japan and the Indian Armed Forces :
* The Ministers took notice of the developments in the two countries’ defence exchanges and cooperation.
* The Ministers praised both the operationalization of the Agreement Concerning Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services between the Self-Defense Forces of Japan and the Indian Armed Forces in the exercise and Japan’s participation in the multinational exercise MILAN for the first time.
* The Ministers noted with pleasure that the air services of the two countries are collaborating closely for the early conduct of the first India-Japan fighter exercise.
* The Ministers also expressed their shared intention to make continuous efforts toward more complex and sophisticated bilateral exercises, such as “Dharma Guardian,” “JIMEX,” and “Malabar.”
The Ministers resolved to hold the following 2+2 Ministerial Meeting in India in response to their appreciation for the strategic direction the 2+2 meetings have offered through their in-depth discussions for strengthening the India-Japan Special Strategic and Global Partnership..Source : The Hindu