Correct Answer : Option (C) - Odisha
Note : As a festive gift for the state government employees in Odisha, Chief Minister "Naveen Patnaik" on Monday(19th Sep 2022) approved the proposal to increase the Dearness Allowance by three percent(3%).
* As per an official statement from the Chief Minister's Office, this rise will increase the Dearness Allowance of government employees from 31 percent to 34 percent.
* The hike will be applicable to be in effect from January 1, 2022.
* "Dearness relief of pensioners drawing pension on revised rate has also been increased by three per cent,".
* In addition to receiving the increased allowance in this month's salary, the arrears of allowance from January 2022 to August 2022 will be paid separately.
* The move will benefit nearly four lakh(4 lakh) government employees and 3.5 lakh pensioners of the state..
Source : ANI
Correct Answer : Option (A) - Manipur
Note : In Manipur, a web portal to receive complaints and grievances from the general public was launched 19th Sep 2022 by Chief Minister "N. Biren Singh" at Imphal.
The name of the web portal is ‘CM Da Haisi’ (English translation- Inform to CM) and the public can raise their grievances in the web portal by logging on to www.cmdahaisi.mn.gov.in. The complainants can also check the status of their complaints.
The Public Grievances Redressal and Anti-Corruption Cell stationed at CM Secretariat will use the portal to liaison with the concerned department to redress the grievances of the public within a stipulated time and also to provide the actionable complaints to the State Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Department for further inquiry and investigation.
It may be mentioned that the Public Grievance Redressal and Anti-Corruption Cell has received a total of 134 complaints since March 2022 and out of which 85 percent of the complaints have been resolved and communicated to the complainants.
The launching ceremony of the web-portal ‘CM Da Haisi’ was attended by State Ministers, MLAs, and senior Civil and Police officers..
Source : News on Air
Correct Answer : Option (A) - Google
Note : Google Cloud on Thursday(15th Sep 2022) announced it has launched the first cohort of the its computing foundations with Kubernetes course in collaboration with FutureSkills Prime, an IT Ministry and Nasscom digital skilling initiative.
The beginner-level course aims to provide participants an opportunity to experience cloud computing, cloud basics, big data and machine learning (ML).
The course will offer hands-on training (via Google Cloud Skills Boost platform), for diverse career paths including IT infrastructure, data analytics, Cloud native application development, among others.
After completing the programme, participants will earn a course completion certificate and industry recognised skill badges, Google Cloud said in a statement.
"Google Cloud certifications will help individuals validate their cloud expertise, elevate their careers, and transform businesses with Cloud technology," said Anil Bhansali, VP of Engineering and Head of India Development Centre at Google Cloud.
The course will be offered free to students at higher education Institutions and freshers seeking to skill themselves on emerging technologies.
"An aligned course, it will not only provide individuals an introduction to cloud computing covering cloud basics, big data, and machine learning but also give them an option to learn at their own pace," said Kirti Seth, CEO, Nasscom..
Source : Business Standard
Correct Answer : Option (B) - Maharashtra
Note : A state level institution on the lines of NITI Aayog will be established in Maharashtra. It will help to bring drastic changes in sectors like agriculture, health, education, employment, environment etc. in the state.
Chief executive officer of NITI Aayog and other experts 18th Sep 2022 made a presentation on how Maharashtra will be assisted by the Aayog for bringing about changes in various sectors.
Chief Minister "Eknath Shinde", Deputy Chief Minister "Devendra Fadnavis" and other Senior officials were present for this meeting. Mr. Shinde said that skilled human resource and infrastructural facilities are available in the state and we are also stressing on successful implementation of various schemes of the central government in the state. He expected the co-operation of NITI aayog in establishing this institute and fulfilling expectations of the citizens.
Mr. Fadnavis said, State Government's finance department is well prepared for this institute. State government is planning to achieve target one trillion dollar economy by 2030, but with more hard work it can be achieved by 2027. He further said, ‘Asset monetization’ is important factor tabled by the NITI Aayog and the new constructed Samruddhi Mahamarg in the state is the best example of asset monetization..
Source : News on Air
Correct Answer : Option (D) - Manoj Sinha
Note : Jammu and Kashmir lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated Kashmir’s first multiplex in Sonwar area of Srinagar on 20th Sep 2022. With this, cinema halls are back in Kashmir after a gap of three decades.
* The multiplex designed by INOX have three movie theatres with a total capacity of 520 seats.
* The premises also has a food court aimed at promoting local cuisine. To highlight Kashmir's art and design, a Kashmiri wood "Khatambandh" is also used in the lobbies, giving it a Kashmiri cultural look.
* The multiplex was thrown open to the public with a special screening of Aamir Khan-starrer 'Lal Singh Chaddha'.
* The multiplex will be permanently stationed and the latest movies will be released for people of Kashmir to experience the same recreational facilities as they get in the rest of the country.
* On December 31, 1990, all cinema halls in the Kashmir valley were closed amid spread of terrorism..
Source : India Today
Correct Answer : Option (C) - USAID and UNICEF
Note : The US Agency for International Development(USAID) and UNICEF 16th Sep 2022 launched the Doordarshan and YouTube series titled "Door Se Namaste" at function held in New Delhi. Door Se Namaste is a new television series which promotes healthy behaviours in a post-pandemic world.
It is a fictional Hindi series developed in an entertainment education format highlighting the challenges of a post-pandemic world and promotes the adoption of healthy behaviour and practices.
The programme will be telecast on every Sunday from 11 AM to 12 noon.
Speaking on the occasion Additional Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Neerja Sekhar said that Information and Broadcasting Ministry, Prasar Bharati, Doordarshan and All India Radio are the major channels through which the government of India reaches out to the people for spreading information regarding its policies and programmes.
She informed that Doordarshan has 25 channels and All India Radio has over 400 radio stations. She said, during Covid pandemic, Health Ministry and Ministry of Ayush came out with their protocols to deal with the pandemic and fact check unit was also set up to dispel fake information. She informed that the entire communication mechanism was led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he is the principal communicator and during entire Covid period whenever he spoke, the people listened.
Speaking on the occasion, Additional Secretary in the Health Ministry Roli Singh said that the government has left no stone unturned in spreading the message of Covid Appropriate Behaviour by using all kinds of channels.
Prasar Bharti CEO Mayank Agrawal said that Doordarshan is committed to spread information and message for the welfare of people. He said, this new series is very good in spreading the message of healthy behaviour to the people.
Correct Answer : Option (C) - Narendra Modi
Note : Prime Minister Narendra Modi 17th Sep 2022 released wild Cheetahs, which had become extinct from India, in Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh. and launched the world’s first Cheetah Rehabilitation Project. Cheetahs which have been brought from Namibia are being introduced in India under Project Cheetah, which is world's first inter-continental large wild carnivore translocation project.
* Out of the eight Cheetahs there are five female and three male. Mr. Modi released Cheetahs at two release points in Kuno National Park.
* On the occasion, he also interacted with Cheetah Mitras, Cheetah Rehabilitation Management Group and students at the venue.
* The release of wild Cheetahs by the Prime Minister is part of his efforts to revitalise and diversify India’s wildlife and its habitat. The cheetah was declared extinct from India in 1952.
* The Cheetahs will help restore open forest and grassland ecosystems in India. This effort, in line with the Prime Minister’s commitment to environmental protection and wildlife conservation, will also lead to enhanced livelihood opportunities for the local community through eco-development and ecotourism activities.
* The historic reintroduction of Cheetahs in India is part of a long series of measures for ensuring sustainability and environment protection in the last eight years which has resulted in significant achievements in the area of environment protection and sustainability..
Source : News on Air
Correct Answer : Option (A) - Swati Piramal
Note : Swati Piramal, Vice Chairperson, Piramal Group has been conferred the Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour).
The highest French civilian award comes in recognition of Piramal’s outstanding achievements and contribution in the fields of business and industry, science, medicine, art and culture, both nationally and internationally.
In 2006, she was also awarded the Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight of the Order of Merit), France’s second highest civilian honour.
On the recognition, Swati Piramal said, “I am truly humbled to be conferred the Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur. This honour is also a recognition of the efforts by my colleagues at Piramal, both in India and internationally, across trade and business, science, arts, and culture. The recognition motivates us to work towards further strengthening bilateral relations between the two nations. Piramal group has a long relationship with France, both in arts and culture and in business. I am confident that the recognition will take our partnership to even greater heights in the coming time.”
Piramal is also the recipient of the Padma Shri, one of the highest civilian honours of India..
Source : The Hindu Businessline
Correct Answer : Option (B) - 19 September 2022 to 25 September 2022
Note : Every year, the full week ending on the last Sunday of September is observed as the International Week of the Deaf (IWD). In 2022, IWD is being observed from September 19 to 25 September 2022.
The theme of the 2022 International Week of Deaf People is “Building Inclusive Communities for All”. It is an initiative of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) and was first launched in 1958 in Rome, Italy to commemorate the month when the first World Congress of the WFD was held.
International Week of the Deaf History : On 19 December 2017, the UN General Assembly declared 23 September as the International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL). The resolution was proposed through the Permanent Mission of Antigua and Barbuda to the UN, following an original request by the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD). There were 97 UN Member States including Canada voted for the adoption of the resolution as co-sponsors. The choice of 23 September commemorates the date the WFD was established in 1951. The objective of the IDSL is to raise awareness on sign languages and strengthen their status of sign languages.
The IDSL takes place on the last full week of September as part of the International Week of the Deaf (IWDeaf), which was recognized and celebrated by the WFD in 1958. The IWDeaf is celebrated through various activities by respective Deaf communities in Canada and around the world. These activities call for the participation and involvement of various stakeholders including families, peers, governmental bodies, professional sign language interpreters, and Disabled Person Organizations (DPOs).
Daily themes :
* Monday 19 September 2022: Sign Languages in Education
* Tuesday 20 September 2022: Sustainable economic opportunities for deaf people
* Wednesday 21 September 2022: Health for All
* Thursday 22 September 2022: Safeguarding deaf people in times of crisis
* Friday 23 September 2022: Sign Languages Unite Us!
* Saturday 24 September 2022: Intersectional Deaf Communities
* Sunday 25 September 2022: Deaf Leadership for Tomorrow
Correct Answer : Option (D) - Dr. Virendra Kumar