Correct Answer : Option (D) - Giriraj Singh
Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj "Shri Giriraj Singh" 19th Nov 2022 said that Start-up boom in India has also started knocking the doors of Self-Help Group, SHG movement in India.
* Speaking after inaugurating the "SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA, 2022" at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, Shri Singh said, Ministry of Rural Development has received over 60,000 applications from 3 states for start-up ventures in niche products and crafts areas.
* Shri Singh said, it was Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, who launched the StartUp India from the ramparts of Red Fort in 2015, and today we have more than 80,000 start-ups from 400 odd start-ups in 2014.
* He said, India ranks 3rd in the world in terms of start-up ecosystem and there are over 100 unicorns active in the country. The Minister said, soon Didis (Women SHG Members) will have their own start-ups as the proposals are under active consideration in his ministry.
* Lauding the progress of the DAY-NRLM Mission, Shri Singh said, in 2014, there were 2.35 Crore SHG members, but after Modi's active support in the last 8 years the number of SHG members has swelled to about 9 Crore. He said, the target is to achieve 10 crore members by 2024.
* He recalled that when he was the MSME minister, the khadi sale was about Rs 8,000 crore, which crossed to one lakh crore mark, just because of an appeal by Prime Minister to buy at least one Khadi product
The Minister also informed that the cumulative loan to SHGs was about Rs 80.000 crore
and now the bank linkage has crossed over 5.7 lakh crore
in the last 8 years
, with an NPA of just 2.1%
. He said, efforts are on bring the NPA to less than one percent..Source : Devdis Course