Correct Answer : Option (B) - 27 July 2022
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, is observing its ‘84th Raising Day’ on 27 July 2022. The day celebrates the immense and unparalleled contribution of the force in upholding the unity, integrity, and sovereignty of the nation.
* CRPF is India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, which operates under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
* CRPF came into existence as the ‘Crown Representative’s Police’ on 27 July 1939. After Independence, it became the Central Reserve Police Force on the enactment of the ‘CRPF Act’ on 28 December 1949, which constituted CRPF as an armed force of the Union.
* After Independence, CRPF contingents were tasked to check infiltration and trans-border crimes in Kutch, Rajasthan, and Sindh borders. They were, subsequently, deployed on the Pakistan border in Jammu & Kashmir following Pakistan’s infiltration.
* CRPF personnel were also sent to Haiti, Namibia, Somali, Maldives, Kosovo and Liberia to deal with the law and order situation there, as a part of another UN Peacekeeping Mission.
* During the 1962 Indo-China war, the force once again assisted the Indian Army in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Further, in the 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars, CRPF provided shoulder-to-shoulder support to the Indian Army, both on the Western and Eastern borders.
CPRF was the first paramilitary force in India, which sent its forces in the United Nations Peacekeeping Missions. For the first time, 13 companies of CRPF including a detachment of women were airlifted to join the Indian Peacekeeping Force in Sri Lanka to fight the militant cadres..Source : News on Air