Correct Answer : Option (D) - Narendra Singh Tomar
Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare "Narendra Singh Tomar" launched the Platform of Platforms (POP) under the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) during the State Agriculture and Horticulture Ministers’ Conference in Bengaluru, Karnataka on 14 July 2022.
The agriculture Ministry also released an equity grant of over Rs 37 crore to 1,018 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) that will benefit about 3.5 lakh farmers.
PoP for marketing of Agri Produces : The Platform of Platforms under e-NAM intends to promote trade & marketing of agricultural produce wherein farmers will be facilitated to sell the produce outside their state borders.
e-NAM integrates the platform of Service Providers as the “Platform of Platforms” this includes :
* Composite Service Providers (Service Providers who provide holistic services for the trading of agricultural produce including quality analysis, trading, payment systems and logistics)
* Logistics Service Provider
* Quality Assurance Service Provider
* Cleaning, Grading, Sorting & Packaging Service Provider,
* Warehousing Facility Service Provider, Agricultural Input Service Provider,
* Technology Enabled Finance & Insurance Service Provider,
* Information Dissemination Portal (Advisory Services, crop forecasting, weather updates, capacity building for farmers etc.)
The chain also consists of other services such as e-commerce, international agri-business platforms, barter, private market platforms etc..Source : News on Air