Correct Answer : Option (B) - 2 only
The 47th GST Council met under the Chairmanship of Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman in Chandigarh.
The GST Council has inter-alia made the following recommendations :
* 18 per cent of GST will be applied to bank cheque book and 12 per cent will be applied on maps, atlas and globes. The rate rationalisation decision implies that printing, writing and drawing ink will get costlier.
* Non-branded pre-packed lassi, curd, butter milk, food items and grains will now be a part of the GST.
* GST rates on medical items, including ostomy and orthopaedic appliances – splints and other fracture appliances, artificial body parts which are worn or implanted in the body has been reduced to five per cent.
* The GST for transport of good and passengers via ropeway has been reduced from 18 per cent to five per cent. Also, the renting of truck which includes fuel cost will now stand at 12 per cent.
* As part of the revised rates, GST on LED lamps, lights and fixture, their metal printed circuits board, drawing and marking instruments will be increased from 12 per cent to 18 per cent.
The GST rates have been increased for services supplied by a foreman in a chit fund, jobs related to leather goods and footwear, processing of hides and skins, manufacturing of clay bricks, contracts for roads, bridges, railways, metro among others..Source : DNA India