Correct Answer : Option (D) - Adani Green Energy Ltd
Adani Green Energy (AGEL), the renewables arm of the India-based Adani Group, has commissioned a 450MW hybrid power plant at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, India.
* The facility is the third wind-solar hybrid power plant that AGEL has commissioned in the state.
* Equipped with advanced technologies, the hybrid power plant includes 420MW of solar capacity and 105MW of wind capacity.
* AGEL said that the facility already has 25-year power purchase agreements (PPAs) in place with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
* The project has increased Adani Green Energy’s total operational hybrid power generation capacity to 1.4GW.
* It has also made AGEL the world’s largest wind-solar hybrid power farm developer.
* In addition, the 450MW facility increases AGEL’s total operational generation capacity to 7.17GW.
* The power plant is hosted by AGEL’s subsidiary, Adani Solar Energy Jaisalmer One Private.
* In September this year, AGEL began operations at a 600MW co-located hybrid power plant in Jaisalmer, which is claimed to be the largest such facility in the world.
* This came after Adani Hybrid Energy Jaisalmer One commissioned a 390MW hybrid power generation plant in Rajasthan in May.
* Located in Jaisalmer, the facility is understood to be India’s first wind-solar hybrid power plant and has a PPA in place with SECI.
* Its commissioning increased AGEL’s operational capacity to 5.8GW.
* At the time, AGEL managing director and CEO Vneet Jaain said : “Wind-solar hybrid energy is an important aspect of our business strategy, which aims to meet India’s growing need for green energy.
* “The commissioning of our hybrid plant is an incremental step towards meeting India’s sustainable energy goals.
* “We are extremely proud of the unrelenting effort our team has put in to deliver India’s first wind-solar hybrid plant.
“This project is a part of the first construction facility by international banks in Adani Green.”..Source : Power Technology