Correct Answer : Option (C) - 4th November, 2022
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti is organizing "Ganga Utsav" - The River Festival 2022 on 4th November, 2022 at Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in New Delhi in two sessions.
The Union Minister for Culture, Tourism & DoNER, Shri G. Kishan Reddy, will be the Chief Guest in the morning session in the gracious presence of the Minister for State, Jal Shakti and Tribal Affairs Shri Bishweswar Tudu. Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, will preside over the evening session in the presence of Shri Pankaj Kumar, Secretary, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti and Shri Govind Mohan, Secretary, Ministry of Culture.
NMCG will be taking Ganga Utsav - The River Festival 2022 to newer heights through active and inspirational participation of multiple stakeholders. One of the main objectives of Ganga Utsav 2022 is to celebrate our rivers and spread awareness on the significance of river rejuvenation across river basins in India. Dedicating the grand event to the 75 years of Indian Independence (Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav), the aim is to hold similar events at more than 75 locations in states to celebrate the rivers of India. Various activities of Ganga Utsav will take place at central, state, and district levels on both physical and virtual platforms.
* Various activities of Ganga Utsav will take place at central, state, and district levels
* Major contributors to the Clean Ganga Fund to be felicitated by Union Jal Shakti Minister
* Arth Ganga will be focus area as it aims to establish people-river connect
* District Ganga Committees mobilized to ensure ardent participation in Ganga Utsav
* A mini food festival will be part of the Ganga Utsav 2022
* Film screening and a storytelling session to also be conducted
* The Ganga Utsav 2022 is being developed as a model for River Festivals
Ganga Utsav 2022
will be an exciting blend of art, culture, music, knowledge, poetry, dialogue, and stories. The event at New Delhi will witness exuberant dance and musical performances from renowned artists including Dr. G. Padmaja Reddy, Padma Shri, Sh. Siddhartha Banerjee, Ms. Megha Nair, Sh. Bimal Jain, Folk Dance Performance from Uttarakhand and Rajasthani etc..Source : PIB