Correct Answer : Option (C) - October 29th
International Internet Day 2022 : On October 29th, International Internet Day is observed by the entire world. It is as we know, the most important invention in human history.
National Internet Day : Internet, a connection between two or more electronic devices that serves as a communication medium, first came into existence on October 29, 1969. To mark the feat, National Internet Day was celebrated for the first time on October 29, 2005, and is promoted by the Association of Internet Users.
What was the first electronic message? Who sent the first Internet message?
It was on October 29, 1969, the first message was sent electronically from one computer to another. The Internet was then known as ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network). It was a landmark event in the history of telecommunications when a student programmer named Charlie Kline sent the first e-message "Lo".
Interesting facts about Internet : On the Internet Day today, here are some amazing facts you need to know:
* One of the reasons the internet is so widely used is because of the World Wide Web. The WWW became publicly available in 1991.
* Around 5.07 billion people around the world use the internet today – equivalent to 63.5 per cent of the world's total population.
* As per latest data, there will be 840 million total Internet users in India (60 per cent of population) by 2022, up from 357 million (27 per cent of population) in 2017.
* Over 4 billion people use the internet via a mobile device.
* Over 57 per cent of the global population uses the internet.
* Internet sees one million new users every day.
* Google is the world’s most visited website on the internet.
* YouTube and Facebook rank 2nd and 3rd for most visited sites.
* On an average, internet users spend 6 hours and 42 minutes each day online.
* On an average, internet users spend 2 hours and 16 minutes each day on social media.
The government of some countries like China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria do not allow their citizens to use the internet freely. They have either banned it completely or limited their freedom to use the internet..Source : Times Now News